Return completed form to the school office.
At Hammond Park Primary School we require consent to administer medication to students. There are two different forms to be completed (depending on the medication).
- Request to Administer Medication if the medication is for short term use (up to 2 weeks)
- Request to Administer Medication and Student Health Care Summary (more than 2 weeks)
- Record of Administration of Medication (Form 12) is required for both types of medication
When providing medication it must be:
- clearly labelled with the student’s name,
- within the expiration date,
- in original packaging or have the prescription label attached.
Parents need to provide tablet medication in its correct dosage. School staff are not to cut provided medication.
The school will safely store restricted drugs in a locked cupboard away from non-restricted drugs, following the instructions on the medication.
The school will record on the Record of Administration of Medication (Form 12) each time the medication is administered.
Click on this link for the Request to Administer Medication form
Click on this link for the Student Health Care Summary
Click on this link for the Record of Administration of Medication (Form 12)